Monday, March 9, 2009

Cookin' competition @ SIB church

I would have gladly missed the whole thing if it wasn't for PeiPei. She practically dragged me.
It's not that I hate going to church. It's that I hate crowded places and socializing although I'm pretty good at it. So not bragging. =) You can see that the crowds I usually hang out with are either my classmates or my ballet friends and there's never more than 6 people.
Anyways back to the cooking competition. We were assigned to cook one meat dish, one vege dish and soup. We were separated into groups and my group was assigned with...
Prawns, Hairy vege(dunno the eng name) and a pork bone for soup==
I ain't getting my hands near that thing.
During the process, yours truly was in charge of the most important job.
Chopping and slicing.
Think bout it. If I didn't chopped and sliced the veges well, it would have tasted different!
The final result..
All the dishes on the table
Let me introduce..
This is my group leader..
The culprit for making me sweat like a pig all night.
My companion for almost 2 months..
The crowd waiting for the judges to taste the food.
Here's what my group made.
Hairy veges with overflowing gravy.
Sweet and sour potato prawns?
Pork bone soup
3 other groups made:
Fish fillets
Long beans
Tofu soup
Chicken?
Brinjals?
I have no idea what that is.
Pork?
Lakia vege =)
Seaweed soup
And guess what?
My group won the first place.
Told ya it was all about the slicing and chopping.

No comments: